Wednesday, October 26, 2011

alaw2 - from Lee


I'm not sure why the photo refuses to stay horizontal (as it is in my original file) but as you can see I've been working away at my second alphabet as inspiration strikes, not in alphabetical order. This is cotton muslin and dye sticks - a new medium to me. They feel like creamy oil pastels to use but when you iron them they become permanent! I did a test sample and washed it several times and it seems exactly the same as when I put it in the first time! I'm boggled by the possibilities! I've been having fun playing with them, each time I layer a colour something unexpected happens :-) I'll post again once I get more letters finished.





2 comments:

  1. You've captured your 'inner child' here... not always easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and fun Lee - looking like a stunner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on our work - we really appreciate it!