Monday, October 3, 2011

Kim Schoenberger - JKLM

Hello my fellow alawist's!! This month I see a little colour creeping into my letters and my current projects are influencing what I material I am using, each taken from each week.


J - wall paper, scraps left over from a 2D assemblage I made for an exhibition.

K - blue jean demin, more scraps! An Alterations shop is keeping their waste remanats for me that I am sharing with Noela. I'm collecting the demin pieces because I just LOVE demin and seeing it is K...

L - cotton discards. Yes, I admit it, I am a collector of things! I just can't seem to throw somethings away. As the material starts to accumulate it speaks to me in its own special way. I am delighted in how cut cotton ends simply from mending can look so kool.

M - cord, saved from gift wrapping, plaited with delibrate loose ends. The loose ends remind me of pigtails. My playful child-like manner, I'm staying true to my KISS method (keep it simple sweetheart) approach.

Close up, detailed shots...






7 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment on our work - we really appreciate it!