Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Jo - Catching Up

I've been quite remiss about my 'Letters' project. It's been a very busy few months for me. No excuse really, as everyone's busy. My last letters (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, & H) were posted on August 30th, so I guess I need refresh you about the process.

My 'letters' (taken literally) are printed on vellum, then scorched on the edges (as one often burns notes received). They are then attached to watercolour paper, complete with ink blots, with red sealing-wax stamped with the relevant letter.

Eventually I will turn them into a mini-book... perhaps titled 'A Book Of Letters' ?

So, on with the show... the photos are a little haphazard, not my strong point.










I'm rather hoping that these snippets of info will expand into a whole story in your imagination.

2 comments:

  1. I love some of the cryptic messages in these Jo! I let my imagination go and ponder the folk involved in the exchanges, all good fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very beautiful, but that is a play on words?
    Sorry for the english, i'm french!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on our work - we really appreciate it!