Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Kim Schoenberger - EFGH & I

Hello everyone! Staying true to my KISS Method here are my letters for August EFGH & I - I am actually early this month, we've had two wet and windy days in a row and I didn't feel like being out in the cold ~ so I decided to play catch up with my indoor work.



Its amazing how much I seem to accumulate around my Treadle Sewing Machine each week, this month I literally had to move stuff out of the way to get to the machine! It seems everthing I look at these days is recycled and becomes fodder for an artwork.





E - thin copper sheeting from the copper tooling days. I was supprised how easy this was to sew, I don't think it did any harm to the machine, I know I'll definitely be doing this again.


F - an old tag worn off from a pair of LEVI jeans.


G - a tattered cloth from a prayer flag.


H - a muffin wraper (my other half just loves muffins, and this particular wrapper was to nice to throw away - I think he's getting used to me, he doesn't question my behaviour anymore!)


AND...


I - cotton banding ribbon from a dress.





I just loved the look of these letters so I thought I'd share extra photo's with a bit more detail.







3 comments:

  1. Well done Kim. Creative, interesting AND very wabi-sabi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These letters are filled with style and and a sense of fun Kim - I'm loving them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on our work - we really appreciate it!