Monday, January 2, 2012

Elaine's finished piece

Unfortunately I didn’t manage to show my individual pieces in the last few months, but here they are at last, all combined into a finished piece.

For a long time I have wanted to put together a piece that was made up of squares, but using the 7cm size squares would have made it too large, so by using ‘heat- reduced’ pieces it resulted in a smaller format (25 cm x 25 cm). Anyone who knows me would know that I am much more comfortable with that!



  
The pieces have been attached to a fabric covered support
which has been mounted onto a larger frame, also covered in fabric. 


It has been wonderful to be part of this project again and it is so exciting to see the variety of creative work that everyone produces. I look forward to this year, thank you, Fiona.

4 comments:

  1. This is so outside of the square Elaine, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the colour and texture Elaine. I still have little chip packets that I shrank in the 70s! It was such fun watching them shrink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so funky Elaine - they look like opals or jewels or pieces of candy. A really visual delight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kind of alphabet Elaine. Looks very 'touchable'

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on our work - we really appreciate it!