Sunday, July 10, 2011

Final completed pieces



My first completed blog was a Square, my second was a Rectangle and my Third WAS to be a Circle. I made the circle using 2cm squares and it all went together beautifully using all 26 letters but when I tried it with the 7x7 squares the weight couldn't support it self. I had to make a very quick decision to revert to what I knew would work, so here we are again using the Square.
I have the 4 letters on each side, 4 for the base and 2 on each of the top flaps. [totaling 28], I used an Ampersand and a drawing of how I accomplished each letter to complete my Box. Internal colour is Orange matching the artwork in each individual letter.
Ann S.

3 comments:

  1. This works wonderfully well. Clever you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, astonishing, as always. You are inspirational and I am looking forward to you finding a way to solve the circle puzzle - maybe look to a soccer ball for inspiration with the stitching of hexagons or octogons or whatever they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning finale Ann! Best wishes as you explore other things, and maybe manage to resolve the circle dilemma.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on our work - we really appreciate it!